10 Jobs Where Anti-Fatigue Mats Are Essential
If you want workers to be healthier and get more done, a set of rubber mats for standing on may be all you need. Anti-fatigue mats have been shown to relieve the stresses on workers’ bodies, thereby preserving their health and increasing their alertness and productivity. Not only does this improve morale and energy on any given day, but it also lowers the amount of time off and worker’s comp claims due to job-related injuries, improving your bottom line later on.
These standing floor mats are made for people who work hard. The thick, specially-formed cushioning on anti-fatigue mats forces workers to make subtle adjustments to their posture. This increases blood flow through the body, helps reduce fatigue build-up and eases strain on the feet and back. Not surprisingly, anti-fatigue mats have a greater impact in industries where workers tend to stand for long periods.
Here are 10 occupations where the presence of anti-fatigue mats are essential to superior job performance. In these professions, using rubber mats for standing all day can make a big difference.
1. Grocery checkers or retail clerks. These people stand in a 15-square foot space for sometimes hours at a time. Putting an anti-fatigue mat under their feet will help them remain in good spirits so they remain friendly with customers.
2. Assembly line workers. Whether it’s a person working an expensive machine, or people checking products for defects on conveyor belts, this type of work can be incredibly fatiguing — especially if workers are standing on a concrete floor. Rubber floor mats provide a cushioned layer beneath employee’s feet.
3. Security guards. These people are supposed to be the first line of defense between your business and theft or mayhem. If they're standing for eight hours a day on a hard floor, they won’t be in much condition to keep your business very secure. Set a rubber mat at their main station so they’re ready when they have to move.
4. Cooks. It’s easy to forget about these people since they're stuck away in the back preparing food. But if cooks get fatigued, the chances of slip-and-fall accidents increase. What if they instinctively reach out for a hot grill when they start to lose their balance? Add anti-fatigue mats to the kitchen that are designed to resist petroleum, grease and animal fats.
5. Dishwashers. These individuals are generally even more invisible than cooks. But they could be handling plates, flatware and other breakable items, and if they are fatigued, they might be costing you lots of money if they drop a few items. Closed-cell rubber standing mats won’t absorb water, so they’re safe for dish-washing areas.
6. Cafeteria workers. They wear hairnets and gloves to protect customers from food contamination. But they would also appreciate anti-fatigue mats to protect themselves from the aches and pains of standing on a food line all day long.
7. Bartenders. Though this profession is often viewed as being exciting, it involves being on your feet during all hours of the day and night. If bartenders are less fatigued, then they'll be able to serve more customers (and earn better tips!). Those customers won’t even see the anti-fatigue runner mat laid out behind the bar.
8. Hair stylists. Salon and cosmetology workers are counted on by customers to make them look good. This becomes more difficult if the hair stylist doesn't feel good. Make sure every workstation has an anti-fatigue mat for those long styling sessions.
9. Mailroom workers. These low-paid (or intern) workers can usually be found standing over a mail counter putting letters into boxes. You can reduce annoying mailroom mistakes by providing these workers with anti-fatigue mats.
10. Bank tellers. They handle large amounts of money every shift and have to stand at a small window all day long. Anti-fatigue mats can help bank tellers stay on top of their game. Even a minor error can result in major monetary losses, so make an investment in both employee health on the company’s well-being.
Make sure that your business is operating as well as it can by putting anti-fatigue mats in strategic places. For more information on purchasing standing mats for your company, contact Ultimate Mats today. Our family-owned company is where to buy anti-fatigue mats in all shapes, sizes and styles to match your business environment. All of them are made-to-order so you’ll have the best custom solution!